Posted by fordfrog | Filed under Mapping
This post collects useful links when you want to use OpenStreetMap (OSM), being it using the maps, data services or running your OSM own server. There is a lot of OSM documentation on the net which is both good and bad. Some of the documentation is already obsolete so finding the right documentation might be challenging.
Links for using OSM:
- Site about switching to OSM maps
- Benchmarks for importing data using osm2pgsql
- List of OSM database schemas (this link is good to get an idea what tools you need to use to get desired result)
- How to serve own tiles
- Where and how to get OSM data
- Site about Nominatim
- Nominatim installation instructions
Contributing to OSM:
Interesting Android applications:
- OsmAnd – offline navigation based on OSM data
- http://code.google.com/p/osmtracker-android/ – for recording GPS tracks
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.